Monday, October 26, 2009

October 26th -- The Birthday that Tells Me the Month is Almost Over!

So, I'm getting ready to do today's "Secret Language of Birthdays" feature and I notice the date -- October 26th. And I'm like, "Wow, where did the time go?" And then I'm like, "Jeez, I'm starting to sound old." And then I'm like, "How the h*** did that happen?" And then I'm like, "Too many birthdays." And then I say to myself, "Self -- you can't complain about birthdays in a column that extols the many virtues of the b-day." And then I reply (to myself), "Oh yes, I can."

I know -- way to expose my neuroses to a public audience... Just see what I do for my own birthday (which, as you might have guessed, is rapidly approaching).

Anyway, if you made it this far listening to my rant, hope you enjoy today's birthday column, and be sure to look for the teen edition of THE SECRET LANGUAGE OF BIRTHDAYS, in stores July 22nd, 2010!

OCTOBER 26

Organized, Astute, Active

If life is a marathon, you're the Nike Air Pegasus Shoe: you make things run a little more smoothly. You'd make an amazing event planner, because you're excellent at organizing and bringing people together. Good thing you're already getting practice: a natural leader, you're always hosting the best bday bashes and organizing food drives for the local soup kitchen. You're independent but feel the happiest when you're working for the greater good.

+/-: It's great that you work so hard, but don't forget to make time for your friends. That A+ on your bio test looks good hanging from a fridge but won't giggle with you for hours or give you a hug when you need one.

Friend Match: Even though she couldn't organize her way out of a paper bag, your Gemini BFF is your fave party planning assistant. She's a social butterfly, like you, and is always ready to get the party started. Plus, when you're stressing about color coordinating plates and napkins she reminds you that this is supposed to be fun!

Love Match: You have an ambitious side, and you need a guy who's content to let you step into the spotlight, like a super-supportive Sagittarius who doesn't mind playing arm candy to your A-list starpower.

Best color: Cream
Best hobby: Class social chair
Style Icon: Blair Waldorf

No comments:

Post a Comment